I haven’t celebrated or written in a long time. It seems like I end up in a funk, and I’m scared my words will show the state I’m in. I like how Ruth says to celebrate in the “muddle.” Maybe I should have been doing that these past few months.
Either way, I’m here to celebrate now:
1 There’s been a breakthrough at my house that can’t be undone. I’m moving forward. It’s been a long, painful journey, so I’m excited to start fresh.
2. I ran into Leigh Anne last week at the Write to Learn Conference, unexpectedly. It was so nice to see her and catch up. I was reminded of the kind community I love and want to be a part of. I loved when she said she was looking on my blog and almost commented on an old thread to check on me and get me writing again. I’m grateful for my All Write friends.
3. A woman I taught with in China was also at the conference. I almost screamed when I saw her name tweeting about the session she was in. We were able to find each other and chat and decided to plan a future date to swap stories about our adventures last summer.
4. I began a new book that I got at the conference that I love. I’m so excited to implement what I’m learning.
5. My school has been very receptive of the ideas my coworkers and I have about things we want to do next year. “Next year” has become my new favorite saying. I am ready to have some downtime to reflect on this year and make next year even better.
6. A different friend from China that taught with me last summer is coming in town next weekend. She’s hysterical, and I can’t wait to spend time with her again.