Wow, I just logged on after a very dry spell. I can’t sleep this morning, so I’ve been perusing the web and checking out my blogger friends’ recent posts. I didn’t realize how much I have missed them and am sad I feel like I’ve missed out on sharing in their celebrations and weekly updates.
I’m not sure why I haven’t written. I think I’ve actually started a few posts, but then I got distracted. Life has been crazy this last month. I got my back checked out after having persisting pain several weeks after my accident. It turns out I have some damage from the impact of being hit, and I’ve spent quite a bit of time at the chiropractor.
I had no idea backs/necks were this complex. On Mother’s Day weekend I could barely sit without crying, so I knew I had to do something. I assumed I would just go and get popped back into place and that would be that. Ha- I’ve spent pretty much the past month there. I’m finally feeling back to normal on most days. I love the doctor and his staff. They are very welcoming, but I didn’t pick the most convenient location to my house (again because I thought I’d only go once). My commute and visit take about an extra 2 hours each time I go.
At first it was 4 times a week. Thank goodness it was the end of the school year. Now I’m down to 3 visits a week (yay- making progress). At first it wasn’t so bad, they adjust me (weird machine tapping on my back), and then I lay on a bed that rolls down my spine. It’s pretty relaxing, and I sometimes even fall asleep. But after the first few visits they made me start doing neck and back exercises too- ugh! I don’t like that part, but I think it’s making me better.
School just got out the middle of last week, so it feels like summer hasn’t started and I haven’t stopped. I’ve been busy getting ready for China and trying to get my paperwork and everything in order for my new job.
I enjoyed reading the celebrations on other blogs, and it was nice being reminded to slow down and reflect on all the things I have to celebrate:
- All Write is this week! I’m beyond excited to connect and learn.
- I’m stopping off at an old friend’s house on the way to All Write. It will be great to catch up.
- I finally got my car back after a month and a half with a rental. (I will post pictures of my rental later. It was the smallest car I’ve ever seen, and it made me laugh every time I saw it.)
- China is so close, and I’m almost ready.
- I’ve set up skype and viber accounts, so I can communicate with my family while I’m away.
- I had a wonderful father’s day with my dad and family.
- My former students and sister came over to help me organize my classroom library and put my books into an online checkout system. We did 800 books in one day, but there are still more to go. We made great progress, and my sister spent the night to finish the rest of the library today.
- I’ve never been this on top of things and productive. I’m a little overwhelmed, but I’ve been breaking tasks down into smaller parts and getting things done.