Ruth Ayres invites us to share our celebrations from the week each Saturday. Thank you, Ruth, for reminding me to celebrate. Share yours at Ruth Ayres Writes.
1. I’ve been excited to celebrate all day, but I haven’t had a second to sit down. I was bummed when my week turned crazy, and I didn’t get to slice on Tuesday. So, first I’m celebrating wanting to write and share. It’s nice wanting to write and being almost angry when something comes up and I can’t.
2. Monday we went to a concert, and as the concert ended the venue started playing music overhead. I was filled with emotion when I noticed it was my grandpa’s favorite song, “My Way” by Frank Sinatra. The band was more of a punk rock type, so hearing this song following up the concert felt like my grandpa or something bigger than me had something to do with it playing. I felt like he was there. As much as I continue to miss him, it really seems like he is looking out for me. I’ve had a really rough school year, but since he’s passed I feel like I”m going to make it. I’m celebrating memories and gentle reminders of him daily.
3. It’s supposed to get bad here again this weekend weather wise, so I’m celebrating the chance at another snow day (or snow week :)).
4. My principal emailed me last minute about wanting to do a formal observation the following day. Although I was very frustrated about this and had a stressful week as a result, I’m grateful it’s over, and my kids were somewhat on task and well behaved.
5. I’m also grateful that nothing work related seems worth stressing too much over anymore. I’m grateful that in my grandpa’s passing that life and what’s important has been put into perspective.